Thursday 14 June 2012

Exciting Stuff

Workshops seem to be taking up all my time at the moment, not only do we have an absolutely fantastic selection of workshops at The Make It Room and at Hylands House but I have been invited to teach wet feltingat the Knit & Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace.  I am running this in conjunction with the very lovely Sarah from Blooming Felt who has lots of exciting stuff going on at her Shedquarters!

I have spent today listing new sewing workshops on The Make It Room website, have a look!http://www.themakeitroom.co.uk/epages/587985.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/587985/Categories/Workshops/Sewing
Beginner's Sewing
Summer Top
Sewing Workshops
S


I went on a trip to Snape Maltings with my lovely friend Pauline, such a beautiful place, really inspiring - galleries and lots of interesting little shops plus Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth sculptures, I can highly recommend a visit.
I have been making felt pods this week (as well as lampshades!), lovely Sam from the WI came to a felting workshop last week and having made bowls with her, wanted to make more!
So a big thank you to Sam, for making me start felting bowls again, I hadn't made any for a year!

We had a lovely polymer clay workshop on Saturday, taught by my daughter Jess of Time for Tea Beads (see the link at the side), the two Mums and daughters who attended had a wonderful time and were surprised by what they were able to create!
More news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment