Tuesday 29 October 2013

So in February 2013 I promised myself that I would write regular blog posts and yet here I am again!  My only excuse if that things have been frantically busy at The Make It Room with workshops, courses, children's parties and hen parties.
Summertime in our courtyard

So a quick whizz through the year here! There are lots of images of our workshops and what's been happening on our facebook and twitter pages too

In March  I taught felt making at the Knit & Stitch Show at Olympia, a perfect excuse to have a look at all the lovely stuff on offer and spend a fortune on yet more fabric, my favourite being a piece of handpainted silk.
Making felt bowls at Olympia

This year our cushion and lampshade making workshops have been really popular and it seems that interest in sewing has been on the increase following the Great British Sewing Bee and Kirstie Allsopp's craft programmes. Screenprinting, jewellery making and our new art classes have also been very popular.
Lovely lampshades
Cushion Making
So we had lots of lovely workshops all over the summer and paid a visit to the NEC at Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts which was amazing, we all came back buzzing with so many ideas for new projects.
Children's stitch and stamp holiday workshop

Mums and daughters summer sewing




There are so many more things to write about but instead of posting all in one go, I'm going to try and be good, pace myself and write blog posts on a regular basis - we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment